Well, a new journey starts, along with a new journal about the events during the same. Day 0 started with a lazy, rainy morning at home. Despite the lots of packing that had to be done, I just felt too lethargic to actually get myself out of my bed. Only the formidable warnings emanating from my Mom helped me to get up and start packing my shoulder bag and suitcase. It was with heavy (not so much for me) hearts that we started off to the airport. The recent rains had made the countryside beautiful and the drive was unusually scenic. By the time we reached the airport, it was raining cats & dogs again. Check-in and Security check went by smoothly. Oh yeah, I bought a new book from the airport book stall. On my Uncle’s suggestion I started reading Alistair Maclain, and bought a book called ‘Last Frontier’ written by him.
Okay, coming back to the airport. There were quite of lot of planes departing at that time. In spite of having lunch at home, I started to feel hungry again and bought a burger costing no less than a hundred bucks. I guess because of the rains, they announced boarding a little late. The flight from Goa to Mumbai was pretty smooth. The only sad thing was the on-board refreshments they served. It was only a packet of peanuts and a juice can. BOO! I made up my mind to write some insulting remarks in the feedback form if they served the same kinda refreshments on the flight from Mumbai to Delhi as well. Fortunately, it was not to be. The snacks provided on the flight to Delhi exceeded my expectations by quite a margin, partly because my Dad having taken the same flight a day back, had warned me that it was disgusting food on both the flights. I will not elaborate, but I guess it would suffice to say I finished everything they gave to me, as well as finishing Mom’s sandwich and yoghurt, before having a cup of coffee. BURP!
One thing I must mention here is the new Terminal 3 at the New Delhi Airport. It is AMAZING! Being a true Hyderabadi, I still admit that this terminal at least, beats the RGIA. You have to see it on your own, I cannot describe it. The size, architecture, designs, everything will leave you with your mouths gaping open! Kudos to GMR for their fantastic effort! Dad was waiting outside, and as usual gave us a few pointers about the new Terminal. After roaming around the airport a lil, we headed off to our guesthouse. Nothing much to report from here.. We have got an afternoon flight today to Jammu. Watch out for the next entry and keep reading! Cheers..!
No comments:
Post a Comment