Wow, it has been an extremely long time, hasn't it? I really dunno how I got back to writing for this thing (blog?) It took me almost 10 minutes to figure out the answer to the 'secret question' to unlock my account. You see even Google found it suspicious that I could come back to this blog! But here we are.
Not unlike someone having won a great award, I would like to take a moment to thank all the people who urged me to start blogging again (or at all). Special thanks are due to Abhijeet Jadhav and Shweta Naphade, since their 'pushes' was unique in their own way.
Now that conscience-clearing is done, lets get back to the intent of writing this post, which is: absolutely nothing, While I'm thinking of something cool to write about I would like you to visit my not half as active (which is saying something) blog, ItihaasPolitik (www.itihaaspolitik.weebly.com). It's got only one article, but I think I've got some cool stuff coming up there.
What, you are back already? Damn.
Ah, yes, I've got it. I became a college graduate five days ago. That's right, I'm in the phase of my life where my batch mates and friends are packing their bags for vacations to their hometowns or exotic locations where they take a well-deserved break before starting their jobs, further studies or in today's age of fellowships, teach school kids and administer schools. I'm packing my bags too, to go to Bangalore and start my new job. IN FIVE DAYS. Some vacation this has proven to be. But I try to remain positive. Starting so soon, helps me to keep my mind off college (or the future lack thereof). It's been a little different, you see? Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I have been moving around a lot, and starting new lives has been quite frequent. I never felt very weird while changing schools, leaving school or even junior college. This has been different though. Not that I am in the depths of depression, but unlike other major phases of my life, I am surprisingly envious of my friends who get to go back to college. Perhaps it's the sense of security of college and that of apprehension of my new job that triggers this. Or maybe it's the sense that everything's going to change from now. In casual retrospect, it doesn't seem like much, but lets take note of some of the things that will:
1. There'll be no more mess menus to memorize for the week, so as to ensure waking up early for Poha.
2. There'll be no more searching for brownie points and compliments to shower on your parents before asking them to refill your account with money.
3. There'll have to be uninstalling of Apex DC++ (Note to Mom; Yes, that is from where I got all those movies for you)
4. There'll be no more disgusted swearing at loos which look like places where a hippo lacking rectal control went amok.
5. There'll be no more exams to worry frantically about the Av and not give a damn about the highest marks of the course.
6. There'll be a certain order when it comes to times and schedules. No more showering at 3 am and no more brushing at 3 pm.
7. There'll be no more a sense of idleness and inertia about life. People around me are going to run, and however I hate it, I will have to run with them and most of the times, faster than them.
8. Quoting Shweta, there will be a huge identity crisis, what with a transition from being somebody, a senior at the very least in a small community such as your college, to an absolutely insignificant nobody in a huge city, having to constantly carve out a niche for yourself.
I could go on, but you get my vein of thought. I also realize that I am getting more philosophical and depressing by point. I suppose it'll be a good thing. To get out of your comfort zone could only do you good. Earning a good sum of money helps, of course. I'm looking forward to Amazon, just a little apprehensive. To quote the currently playing Jason Mraz song, I'm after all, Only Human,
I really hope you enjoyed this post and I really hope to get back to this blog with a new post. I won't make promises ( the last one to lose 5 kgs went down the drain), but keep checking. Perhaps all it'll take is to Shweta to call me again and typically bug me to no end to write a new post.
Until then, keep laughing!
Not unlike someone having won a great award, I would like to take a moment to thank all the people who urged me to start blogging again (or at all). Special thanks are due to Abhijeet Jadhav and Shweta Naphade, since their 'pushes' was unique in their own way.
Now that conscience-clearing is done, lets get back to the intent of writing this post, which is: absolutely nothing, While I'm thinking of something cool to write about I would like you to visit my not half as active (which is saying something) blog, ItihaasPolitik (www.itihaaspolitik.weebly.com). It's got only one article, but I think I've got some cool stuff coming up there.
What, you are back already? Damn.
Ah, yes, I've got it. I became a college graduate five days ago. That's right, I'm in the phase of my life where my batch mates and friends are packing their bags for vacations to their hometowns or exotic locations where they take a well-deserved break before starting their jobs, further studies or in today's age of fellowships, teach school kids and administer schools. I'm packing my bags too, to go to Bangalore and start my new job. IN FIVE DAYS. Some vacation this has proven to be. But I try to remain positive. Starting so soon, helps me to keep my mind off college (or the future lack thereof). It's been a little different, you see? Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I have been moving around a lot, and starting new lives has been quite frequent. I never felt very weird while changing schools, leaving school or even junior college. This has been different though. Not that I am in the depths of depression, but unlike other major phases of my life, I am surprisingly envious of my friends who get to go back to college. Perhaps it's the sense of security of college and that of apprehension of my new job that triggers this. Or maybe it's the sense that everything's going to change from now. In casual retrospect, it doesn't seem like much, but lets take note of some of the things that will:
1. There'll be no more mess menus to memorize for the week, so as to ensure waking up early for Poha.
2. There'll be no more searching for brownie points and compliments to shower on your parents before asking them to refill your account with money.
3. There'll have to be uninstalling of Apex DC++ (Note to Mom; Yes, that is from where I got all those movies for you)
4. There'll be no more disgusted swearing at loos which look like places where a hippo lacking rectal control went amok.
5. There'll be no more exams to worry frantically about the Av and not give a damn about the highest marks of the course.
6. There'll be a certain order when it comes to times and schedules. No more showering at 3 am and no more brushing at 3 pm.
7. There'll be no more a sense of idleness and inertia about life. People around me are going to run, and however I hate it, I will have to run with them and most of the times, faster than them.
8. Quoting Shweta, there will be a huge identity crisis, what with a transition from being somebody, a senior at the very least in a small community such as your college, to an absolutely insignificant nobody in a huge city, having to constantly carve out a niche for yourself.
I could go on, but you get my vein of thought. I also realize that I am getting more philosophical and depressing by point. I suppose it'll be a good thing. To get out of your comfort zone could only do you good. Earning a good sum of money helps, of course. I'm looking forward to Amazon, just a little apprehensive. To quote the currently playing Jason Mraz song, I'm after all, Only Human,
I really hope you enjoyed this post and I really hope to get back to this blog with a new post. I won't make promises ( the last one to lose 5 kgs went down the drain), but keep checking. Perhaps all it'll take is to Shweta to call me again and typically bug me to no end to write a new post.
Until then, keep laughing!
A good one... I liked it, as I always do!
ReplyDelete