My deepest apologies to the people who feel I write too much
about food, for the title, but nothing else was apt for this fantastic day. I
am so tired that I am afraid I’ll have to hurry on with the account. Started
off on a lazy note. No jogging today since Dad had some urgent work to do, so I
got up and played some badminton with my cousins. Bathing, brushing and eating
(I am not sure of the order) followed. Played with Kiki (he’s gettin’ a lot
friendlier), sorted out some books, went through some photographs and played some
games till lunch. Lunch was nice enough after which we got ready for the
outing. On solely my suggestion and idea, we had planned to go to the
Cavelossim beach in South Goa and then to nearby Fisherman’s Wharf for dinner.
The beach, as I had expected was fantastic. After takin’ a
few photographs me and my cousins jumped into the white frothy waters, followed
by my uncle. The beach sands were amazing, almost a shade of white,
supplementing the water. Since it was quite flat there was not much trouble in
the waters also. We had loads of fun bathing and playing Frisbee. Chicky and
Somu tried their hands (or legs) at swimming whenever the waves came in. After
around two hours in the water, we all came out gasping and panting, completely
spent. We relaxed on the beach for some more time before changing our clothes
and heading back to our car.
Fisherman’s Wharf was exactly as I remembered when I had
gone there with the Basketball Team and Committee. However there was a surprise
waiting for us. I must also state here that this restaurant won the Times Food
Award for ‘The Best Seafood’. Certainly a place I’d love! Oh yeah, the
surprise. Well the guy looking after us approached our table and told us that
since the restaurant was known for its seafood, they had caught a HUGE lobster,
a Kingfish, a Pomfret and around 10 ENORMOUS Tiger prawns, and they offered it
to us as a complimentary platter! :D We were all very pleasantly surprised
(look out for photographs on FB). We ordered some more snacks and few drinks. I
must mention here too, that the choice of my mocktail tasted the best. Just because
it was called and looked like ‘Muddy Water’, did not stop it from being the
best mocktail ordered on the table.
Then came the snacks and the Seafood! Roast Prawns and
Pomret, Chinese Lobster and Masala Kingfish. BEYOND EXTRAORDINARY! We all ate
to our hearts’ content, and long story short, we did not have any main course!
:D Ice cream for dessert, cicked some photographs and then home sweet home!
Keep reading and cya
with a post tomorrow! J
Cheers!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sharing, Now I am sharing Thefishmarket, The fish market is the only website where you can order Seafood Online.this Sea Food markets Online are it is helpful to Buy Dry Fish
ReplyDelete