Monday, May 21, 2012

So it has been a year and 13 days since my last post. If this had been an email account, I guess this would have been deactivated already :D . Anyway I'll let you celebrate the renewal of this (highly irregular) blog, while I think about what I am gonna write. That's always a tough question. I kept going over this question through the last eight or so days since my vacations started. However, looking at both the blog title and the 300 odd views it has received since its conception after 10th class, I decided to go forward with the same theme. Its the summer after 1st year of my Engineering course and life could only be slightly better. Barring the horrendous years of 2009-2011, I guess I would have always said that; keeping up with my motto of 'Smile always and be young at heart', but since I joined Engineering and started living in a hostel, life has taken an unexpected pleasant turn. An amazing college which provided me with the freedom I had craved since a long time, a very pleasant room and friends who accepted me without question and hesitation, all summed up to give my life an almost fresh beginning since, and I do not exaggerate, my life had really degraded during those two years in junior college. Ah.. but with all pleasures comes a little sadness right? That sadness came in form of a number with two decimal places, called CGPA. Having slogged so hard, I felt it was time to have some fun. Problem was I did not toe the thin line between 'some' and 'a lot'. Elections, Clubs, Departments, 'Anda-stall' and what not kept me so busy that I realized too late that I had no studies done. Then I decided to do, and I quote a facebook page: "Let this semester go, I'll study from the next." Wish it had been that easy. Although i did put a lot more effort than 1st sem, the courses were so freakin' tough, I screwed them up anyway. But I do expect a better result this time around. Okay, enough with the acads. If you really wanna know about hostel life in the first semester you'll have to wait for 'The Hosteler's Sine Wave Analogy' which puzzlingly has not been yet published due to some issues. Now, my cousins have come here to Goa to live with us for a while. Having tons of fun with them, between teachin' them cricket, sharing songs with them and needling them all the time. Loads of plans for these vacations which I'll probably illustrate in my next post (lets hope it comes real soon :D ). Till then: Adios and Keep smiling!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment